Have you ever wanted to make your own widgets?
Well now you can! With this simple step by step guide Im going to show you how to make a Pin tracker widget like so:
- You need some software where you can create images such as photoshop or fireworks, if you don’t have any of them you can download gimp for free here. Or you can create your image in paint or word.
- Create your image using whatever you want. Shapes images from CP and so on.If you want to add what the pin looks like in your widget – find out where it is and print screen it using the PrtScr button on your keyboard.
- Once done you need to save your image as widget.png if you don’t do this you will muck up the next steps.
- Once you have made your widget like the one at the top of this page – go to sites.google.com and sign up to it.
- Once you have signed up and have your own website click edit page.
- Next click Insert and Image
7. Now it is on your page click the HTML icon on the toolbar. Copy all the code except the <br>
9. Once you have done this you have finished. Well you need to remember to keep updating this. By doing this keep creating new images on the software you use.
10. Then save in the same place you saved your last one and save it as the same name: widget.png
11. Then go to your google site page and upload the widget.png image on the same page as the last one. Then save and publish the page.
12. Then go to your wordpress site and you will see that the widget has been updated.
With this guide you can create whatever widgets you want.
Guide produced and written just for you by Dadted.